Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Therin's 33rd birthday

Therin's birthday was a few weeks ago and I am, only now, getting around to post about it! This month, Therin turned 33, man he is old!!! :) Every year I ask him what he wants for his birthday dinner and I always get the same answer......mac n' cheese!! Yes, that is right, good old macaroni and cheese! Do I not have the biggest kid ever?!!! A few years ago I thought I would add another item to Therin's birthday menu and bought some steaks to go along the mac n cheese. So ever since then we have had macaroni and cheese and steak for Therin's birthday! When Therin was in college, way before I came along :), there was a traditional birthday cake that his FHE sisters would make for everyone's birthday. I won't mention the name of the cake, as it is probably not appropriate for a family blog, but this cake is also requested by Therin almost every year. So we had a small little party with our family and had cake and ice cream.

Therin getting ready to blow out his 2 sets of 3 candles:

This is the poster Abby made and kept hidden under her bed until Therin's birthday:

Opening presents:

1 comment:

Stacey Mom said...

I thought I recognized that cake! I was thinking the other day that I haven't made one since college, I'll have to remedy that and make one soon. As for the name... I don't even think I realized at the time what that really meant... Oh well, I was a bit naive.