Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Reverence tent

Conference was a couple of weeks ago and starting out for the Saturday session, our kids sat still and were pretty good the first 15 minutes. However, that did not last very long. Later that day I was reading something my friend had done for her kids in hopes to keep them quiet during Conference. She said that she built them a "Reverence Tent" and told them that if they wanted to go into the tent they had to be reverent while they were in it. My friend had said that it worked great so we thought we would give it a try! We rearranged furniture, brought out tons of blankets and made a huge tent. After talking to the kids and telling them that they had to be reverent while in the tent or the tent would have to come down, we started Conference. Overall it was a success. Jared was the only problem. He wanted to run in and out and pull on the blankets but as long as we kept him occupied outside of the tent with us, it went well!

3 comments:

Tia said...

What a great idea! I wish I would have known about it for conference, my kids were so LOUD! Oh well, next time.

Romney Family said...

Sounds like a great idea!! I will have to try that next conference!!

Jordan Merrell said...

what an awesome idea! I will definitely have to give it a try in October!!