Jared turned 2 on Thursday but I am barely getting around to blogging about it! It was a fun but busy day. Jared loves balls so I made him a basketball cake. I read that you can make a 3D cake by baking it in a glass or metal bowl. So I baked the cake in a metal bowl and it turned out perfect! In fact all day long Jared kept running into the kitchen and pointing at the cake saying "ball, ball." He wanted to play with it! That morning we ran to Toys R Us, which is a tradition on birthdays, and picked out some presents (yes I was a total procrastinator.) Jared loves motorcycles and we found a perfect little ride-on one that he loves! He is on it all the time and is constantly wanting me to get on the back so he can give me a ride! Since I just don't fit very well he has now opted to give his stuffed animals, paco and mono, rides! After Therin got home we hurried and ate dinner then ran to Abby's parent teacher conference then back home for a little party. It was a great day and I am so glad we have Jared in our family. He has the cutest little personality that we are seeing more and more of as he gets older.
Jared opening a birthday card from great grandma Farmer. She is always so wonderful about remembering everyone's birthdays!

Blowing out some candles on his muffin for breakfast.

Giving Paco and Mono a ride while saying "cheese." (He always closes his eyes when you tell him to say "cheese!")

Hold on mom!!.........
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Jared! I want to see a picture of that cake!
Me too, that sounds fun. I can't believe he's already 2, its gone by way too fast!
HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY JARED. Sorry it's so late. It looks like a wonderful day.
He looks mighty happy! so cute! And I totally love the artistry on the door..... that is hilarious! Jenny, thank you SO much for bringing us dinner, it was great and we truly appreciated it.
I love those pictures! Jared is so so so cute and I can't believe that he is already 2!! holy cow, time flies! We have that little motorcycle too and it is the best little thing ever!!!
Post a Comment