Today Mason turned 4!! Yesterday, about every hour, I would ask Mason: "Mason, guess what tomorrow is?" and he would reply: "I know, I know, it's my birthday!!" I just get so excited for birthdays and parties and all that fun stuff. But he woke up early today (6:00 a.m) and was so excited that it was his birthday. I was happy I hadn't taken all the excitement out of it! This morning Mason and I made a train cake for his birthday. It was really fun making it and Mason had a blast putting all the candy on it! It was a good thing we didn't have anyone here eating cake and ice cream with us because there were marks all over the cake where both Mason and Jared had snuck a couple of fingers in! Back in July Mason started telling me the different things he wanted to do for his birthday. There were only three request that stayed consistent this whole time. He wanted to go to Del Taco to play on the "payground," go to seven peaks, and go camping. Since seven peaks is now closed and it is too cold to go camping I had to bargain with him. I told him we could go to Del Taco then come home and build a big fort in the living room and sleep in there instead of going camping. I was happy that he, along with Abby, loved the idea! So we built a fort and filled it with blankets and they are all asleep right now! I am amazed at how quickly they both fell asleep!

Blowing out candles...

Abby gave Mason a dollar, a little card she made, and a necklace!!

Mason's reaction to a present he got!

"Cooool"

The fort...

6 comments:
Birthdays are so much fun! I love the cake, you did a great job!
your cake turned out so cute--just like the Kraft magazine!! Did it taste good, too??
Jenny you are soooo amazing!!! I think that you got the greatest mom award!!! lol and the artistic gene from our mother!! Thats awesome!! Well i am glad Mason was excited for his birthday!! I still get up early for mine!!! ;-) LOVE YA!!!
Happy Birthday to Mason. I love all the cute things you did for him. The cake is so cute!!! My creativity consists of going to WalMart and letting them pick out whatever character cake they want that day. I love the fort idea. I kids always build forts but I have never let them sleep. They would probably love it!
Awesome cake Jenny! ~Wendy
Jen, that is a cool cake. Well done. You are hired for my kids birthdays to make their cakes.
Post a Comment